Bots - What is this?
We have hands-on experience in implementing bots using one of the best and most popular solutions available on the market, Microsoft’s Power Virtual Agents. The tool is part of the Power Platform, which is part of the Microsoft cloud.
Bots - Details
What is a bot?
A bot is a computer program that conducts online conversations with people using natural language, the kind we use every day.
It is also often called an Automated Advisor, Virtual Agent or Intelligent Assistant.
It usually appears in the form of a pop-up or bookmark on a website, in an online store, or as a gadget in an instant messenger or mobile app.
Due to the channel of communication with a human, we can distinguish two types of bots:
Chatbots that communicate via text messages (chat)
Voicebots that communicate via speech.
How do bots work?
Based on the way they work, bots are divided into: task-based, usually focused on performing one function/task (most often it is finding the answer to a user’s question, according to a pre-programmed key) and conversational, simulating a conversation with another human.
In addition to defined scenarios, they also use advanced technologies, including:
- natural language understanding (Natural Language Understanding),
- machine learning (Machine Learning),
- sentiment analysis (Sentiment Analysis).
As a result, they are able to “learn” the language of their interlocutors, recognize their mood, and provide answers that are consistent with the context of the conversation.
To sum up, regardless of the type and degree of technological sophistication, a bot is designed to help the user by providing information or realizing a service for him. Thus, it takes on the role of a consultant you can talk to, who will help you book a ticket or accept a problem report about a product you purchased.
What are Bots used for?
Bots already have a wide range of applications, and their popularity is growing. They are becoming useful for any business that does part of its business via the Internet.
Currently, they are used most often for:
- supporting users in using applications (e.g. helping them fill out a form on a website),
- providing information (e.g., answering frequently asked questions, helping to select a product in an online store),
- improving customer service by pre-classifying the customer’s need and properly redirecting them to a consultant,
- automate repetitive processes (e.g., reminders of deadlines),
- support internal organizational processes (e.g., booking flights, hotels, restaurant tables),
- collecting data (e.g., needed for signing a contract or performing a service).
Why use Bots?
Bots are gaining popularity because:
- Internet communication media (especially instant messaging) have more and more active users.
- Customers expect support anytime and want it as soon as possible. By using bots it is possible to get most of the availability and shorter response time.
- The cost of hiring people is steadily increasing, and with bots companies can save hundreds of working hours, as they operate 24/7, and increasing the number of bots does not cause a proportional increase in costs.
- Thanks to better and better technological solutions, bots are becoming more efficient and can handle a higher percentage of users.
Ways we can help
Long term support
Developico Support Services which provides access to a dedicated team of specialists.
We can help you with creating an app or fix the one you already have.
Courses. Workshops. Showing useful and simple tricks to improve the work on applications and helping you to better use the software.